Funding Generation Volunteer
About the opportunity
We are seeking a volunteer who will provide a new stream of income for the charity by identifying and applying to suitable funders who will support our charitable aims.
SOFA is a registered charity whose mission is to:
• Maximise the donation of furniture and electrical goods from the people of Leicestershire to promote re-use and thereby benefit the environment.
• To help local people in need by selling furniture and electrical items at affordable prices.
• Provide a real work environment for volunteers seeking to improve their life opportunities.
What are we looking for?
The role will involve:
1) Research funding organisations
2) Actively seek new funding opportunities
3) Write applications to funders
4) Producing material which will raise awareness of the charity and its work with potential funders
5) Follow up funding applications, including responding to queries via post, telephone and e-mail
6) Keep up-to-date and organised records on funders and the progress of applications
7) Work within the policies and procedures of the charity
Skills, experience and qualities required:
1) Excellent written and oral communication skills
2) Able to research and generate new ideas
3) Experience in presenting information clearly and succinctly
4) Experience in liaising effectively with a range of people
5) Work independently but able to share with the team
Time Commitment for volunteer:
1) To work with our CEO to understand the vision and operation of the charity
2) To work, from home if preferred, for up to four hours per week
3) Maintain contact with charity and update on developments
4) On occasions share progress with the Trustees